46. PLANNING THE HOLIDAY SEASON 2010

Taking stock: I have a pottery studio about 70m2 in size equiped with one single potter's wheel and a 3 meter long cement workbench. There's no kiln in the studio at this stage. There are a few hundred kilograms of red earthenware clay. Tools. Shelves. It is a pleasant place to work with a 3 bedroom house attached. Situated on the main village square.

The plan: For July and August, and by extension from May to October, I plan to welcome european hobby potters to come and enjoy a week's holiday in my house and pottery studio. The offer is a holiday pack all inclusive with hours in the pottery studio, accomodation in a private room, a kitchen and bathroom to share, entertainment such as a folk singing evening, a barbecue, attending theatre plays in the area, visiting one tourist site such as an old castle or a museum, a bike ride, or anything that may be spontaneously thought of and organised. The aim is to provide for a stressless enjoyable environment with pottery making as a theme, but not as a structured course.

Advertising: A static webpage in French, English and German will be launched and published in due course. There will be no other type of advertising. The number of people per week at the same time will be just three. Filling up means, 3 people by 4 weeks, i.e. 12 hobby potters to welcome per month.

Staff: At this stage there is no staff to do the job and I'm working on trying to convince people to come and help me. I have a few people in mind to help organise the barbecues and to play guitar for the folk singing evenings. But I badly need someone who would share attendance in the studio with me. I can only attend for half the time. It has to be a proper potter or an experienced hobby potter. It is not a job offer as such. It is an invitation to come and stay for free for a month or longer, using all facilities and being in-charge of the pottery studio for half a day for 6 days in exchange of free accomodation.  It concerns someone who is a bit adventurous and curious. And due to immigration difficulties it has to be someone with a European passport and some knowledge of French and/or English or German.

This is the plan for the summer 2010. I really want to launch my pottery studio again. I am convinced that there is business to do with it welcoming tourists in the area. Come and join!

Anyone interested in coming to help can write a comment here or send an e-mail to the email address stated in my profile.

Comments

Bonjour aux francophones! ce blog est en anglais mais on peut y laisser des commentaires en français. Je sais que j'ai des admirateurs/trices en Bretagne, Centre, Haute-Normandie, Aquitaine, Ile-de-France, Midi-Pyrénées, Poitou-Charentes... faites-vous connaître, faites moi coucou!

Hallo den deutschen Lesern! dieses Blog ist in englisch aber man kann Kommentare in deutsch auch schreiben. Ich weiss, ich habe 27 Verehrerinnen und Verehrer in Hesse... meldet ihr an! und sagt hallo!


Hello to all Scottish readers! I know I have 1 admirer in Fife... if you were to write a comment, I'd be very thrilled! (I visited county Fife in 2007)

Popular Posts